Living well. Moving safely. Growing smart. Making our downtown a unique destination.
Central Ave East of Clinton
Once completed, the streetscape will include more plants and trees and new light poles and sidewalks.
The Central Avenue Improvements Project will reconstruct a half-mile segment of Central Avenue in Downtown Middletown between University Boulevard and Verity Parkway/Canal Street.
The project also includes significant investments in safety for vehicular, bicycle, and pedestrian traffic, as well as multiple beautification elements, including decorative street lights, landscape planters, and brick pavers.
Improvements within the project area will include:
- Complete pavement replacement, including new curbs and gutters
- The addition of left turn lanes on Central Avenue at the existing intersections with Verity Parkway and Clinton Street
- New traffic signals with updated signal timing
- New sidewalks
- Water and storm sewer upgrades
- Decorative street lighting with poles to hang flags and flower baskets
- Technology infrastructure
- Other functional streetscape amenities consistent with the city’s Downtown Master Plan
Living well, moving safely, growing smart, and making Downtown Middletown a unique destination are shared community values that are reflected in every aspect of the planning and design choices made throughout the project development process.
Project construction is expected to begin in March and continue through December 2022, weather permitting.
Estimated Construction Cost: